a6 2.5tdi power problems.

abdul h ghafoor

Reaction score
Howdy folks again.

My 2000 quattro 2.5 a6tdi still ocasionally struggles to rev past 3000rpm. It just seems to hit a brick wall. 1 month ago I removed stripped and cleaned the turbo. The vanes and gubbins were covered in soot, this.doesn't seemed to have rectified problem. I have serviced and replaced the fuel filter also. I haven't had it connected to a comp yet. I'm from teesside and was wondering anyone recommend a garage (apart from Audi dealership). I have already removed and cleaned amf sensor but thinking I may need to replace.

Get the fault codes read and replace the MAF with a genuine audi one. The turbo control solenoid is known to fail and when that happens it does exhibit the same way...Check the turbo VNT arm moves up and down when you rev the engine...

can can sometimes find that you clean the turbo but it still struggles and with still go into limp mode. best thing to do is check the movement on the vain actuator itslef to ensure it move freely.

if you have a code (charge pressure control) then 99%of the time its the turbo

james

Well I got the car checked came back with mad and also n75/ overboost. Changed both and so far so good.

I managed to replace the actuator on the turbo with a new one. This has resolved the power problems.

Have just blocked the egr with a plate. Increased the pickup, revs cleanly to 4500, like tony the tiger says its grrrrrreaaaat