Newbie in need of expert advice please!

s19myd

Reaction score
Hi folks, firstly hello!
I'm new to forum having recently sold my a4 B7 avant s-line to chop for 2 motors following our third child. I'm now in a very tidy c5 allroad 2.5 tdi tiptronic with all the trimmings. In the last few weeks in the mornings the car starts ok (not brilliantly when sub zero) but then on the drive to work the car seems to rev past 3k with no power difference and if i drop down a cog it revs even higher with no change to power. There is no noticeable smoke while this is going on. At some times the power delivery is lumpy and can often jolt the whole car with a snap on kickdown and then deliver power. On the motorway last week there was little or no power available at around 80 until i nudged it down to 4th (5speed tip box) and back up to 5th where it seemed to get its power back.
When in drive or across in the tip setting the car will sometimes get stuck and almost be in park which is remedied by slotting across to drive or tip (whichever setting it is not in). It had a replacement gearbox from another allroad before i bought it, has just had a full service with new fuel/air filter.
In addition since I got the car both temp gauges dont really move from 60-65 degrees. Not sure if this is relevant. I'm wondering if it could be a MAF sensor, gearbox oilchange needed, turbo on its way out or worse? It does sometimes pull like a train as it did when I first bought it! Car has covered 125k which for this block should still be easy street?!

HELP??!!

Oh and i'm getting the exterior plastics colour coded soon so if anyone knows a reasonable body shop or spray painter in the Leeds area please let me know.

Cheers
Sam

Hi Sam, welcome to ASN. One of the boys will be along shortly to help you out with info or advise. Have a read at the top section there is usually a lot of fact in there. Enjoy the forum.

you need it fault code reading in engine and 'box for any fault codes being present.
depending on what it throws up could be anything from maf problems, needle motion sensor fault, rotary pump advance/******, to vvt (variable vane turbo) control or the turbo itself. all common faults!

i doubt its a gearbox fault, i could be wrong tho.

you need it fault code reading in engine and 'box for any fault codes being present.
depending on what it throws up could be anything from maf problems, needle motion sensor fault, rotary pump advance/******, to vvt (variable vane turbo) control or the turbo itself. all common faults!

i doubt its a gearbox fault, i could be wrong tho.

Thanks mate, I hope it is one of the lesser costing solutions from the above!!