o/s front caliper seizing pls help

abdul h ghafoor

Reaction score
My front brake caliper was seizing around a month ago. The caliper was replaced and all seemed fine. Driving today on motorway on way home and had cruise control on. Car started to . drop down the gears and realised the caliper was sticking on. Pulled over disc was glowing. If the car is left for around an hr the caliper unseizes. There is a new caliper fitted. Could this be a deteriorating flexy hose. It's doing my head in. Pls help

hi mate you need to strip the brakes and clean the two stainless steel slider pins with some wire wool then apply a thin layer of copperslip grease to the pins i appreciate the caliper is new but if the garage neglected to clean the slider pins this could be the problem

The same symptoms were present with the old caliper. The new caliper was fitted and correct high temp grease applied to the pins. The caliper was greased where the pads sat. The same problem persists still. After leaving the car parked for an hr it was fine. When the problem occurs the brake pedal feels very solid

there is one more possibilty although very rare it could be that the flexihose as deteriated inside any blockage could prevent the brake fluid returning normally it as been known

New pipe is around £15 from europarts. Will fit on Monday. Touch wood this cures it. Though it is an intermittent problem.

New pipe is around £15 from europarts. Will fit on Monday. Touch wood this cures it. Though it is an intermittent problem.

I have fitted the new pipe. Bleeding was a pain but used a pressure bleeder and this did
the trick. Hopefully cured problem.