howdy from new member. a6 tdi quattro auto

abdul h ghafoor

Reaction score
Hi people, have just joined and own a Audi a6tdi quattro auto on a 2000 plate. Owned it for 3 months now. So fae ownership has been up and some downs. Have replaced a seized f/os brake caliper, serviced the car also. The car however still has a couple of probs.

1. Tickover when starting hovers at around 1200, have a new temp sensor on route hopefully will sort this out.

2. It does occasionally run out of steam above 60mph at times, again this is intermittent, power disappears then re appears. A bit disconcerting especially when I was overtaking on a1 on route to Scotland recently. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Again hi to all you people.

Hi welcome to ASN. Lots of knowledge on here. Hope you enjoy your car and the forum.

Start with a vag com scan and post the fault codes here. Most likely clogged vnt mechanism on the turbo causing overboost hence the engine's ECU cuts fuelling to protects itself...

welcome to the forum mate, as already stated try and get it plugged into vagcom i done a friends a6 tdi with same fault and it came up as boost pressure sensor deviation new sensor cleared faults jos a goodun :)

I,ve sorted the erratic idle. Replaced the temp sensor and now she,s humming at a gentle 800rpm rather than the 1400rpm which it was sitting at. The sensor cost me £5.19 from volksbits.com, absolute bargain. My next project will be to strip and clean turbo and of potential coke and gunge which I think isn't allowing the variable vanes to function properly. Will keep post updated and will photograph whole procedure. Touch wood it will all work out.

To add I took turbo of and stripped it. It was very sooty and all parts were cleaned including the vanes. All together but the occasional lack of oomph above 60mph persists. :sorry: