pulling my hair out through lack of knowledge

brickwize

Reaction score
Hi has anyone ever lowered an S6 2002/3, ive been supplied two lots of spax springs that were way to big, ive now today received H&R springs 29797 and i still dont think they are right, ive noticed on the H&R website they list 50316 for 2002/3 models only. My question is did Audi change the S6 suspension in 2002/3 just before the car was facelifted to the RS6? if anyone has any knowledge on this i would be eternally grateful.

Can't help you directly, but be aware that the RS6 was a model in its own right (with its own special suspension set-up) and not a face lift of the S6. In 2002 the A6 had an across the range midlife facelift and I cannot be sure but it may be that pre-facelift S6s have a different suspension to post facelift ones. More relevant however is that the H&R website is for the US market and I suspect the more likely explanation is that Audi USA only imported the S6 for the 2002-2003 period replacing it with the RS6 for the 2003/2004 model years.

I had an S6 for 5 years and loved it, one of the best things was its ride. I would say why ruin that, Audi spent alot of money and time making it, I'm sure you won't make it better and then may regret it, whatever you decide, great car!!

Thank you for the information it was very helpful, you were right the 50316 H&R springs are for the American market. H&R state that the 29797 springs will fit pre and post facelift models of the S6, guess i was getting a bit paranoid having had two sets of spax springs that would not fit i was getting fed up with pulling the suspension to bits for nothing, hopefully i will be third time lucky, thanks again for the info.

Hi, yes point taken but i really wanted a sportier ride, i will retain the original springs just in case.