What performance exhaust? 1.8T 1999 A6

GPSGPRS

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

I'm new here and new to Audi's - go easy on me!

Just bought an Audi A6 1.8T and the flexi part of the down pipe is blowing. The garage have tried to remove it but ran out of time as I had an appointment to get to.

I am now wandering if I can get a decat/ manifold/ exhaust combo as the stock exhaust seems quite restrictive - will i benefit from this?

Is this a good idea or do we just pursue the removal of the standard down pipe and replace with stock parts?

Is there a trick to getting this part off easily?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate welcome to the forum,im also pretty new to it all :)
I also have the A6 1.8T Quattro with a twin system standard (which im told is prety rare?) my exhaust is shot and i am struggeling so much to get one im going to go down the route of handmade as its cheaper etc,once ive had mine remapped im going to decat it aswell like you said they are very restrictive,it should be just over 200bhp then :)
The only thing i dont like about it is it will bring the EML light on so im going to see if the mapper can do a decat delete file aswell.

Derestriction of the flow through an engine is paramount in tuning an engine....go for an aftermarket/performance airfilter panel and get the EGR blanked off as well.....it might not give massive BHP gains but it all improves throttle response etc....its almost actually a Stage 1 tune...remap to match taking you to a stage 2!! :)