Gutted Audi let down

aaaa

Reaction score
I have just been informed that my order for A6 2.0 Tdi S line Multitronic has been cancelled due to them removing the model from production. I find it difficult to understand bearing in mind they have not even started prodution yet.I had been assured that the order would be placed with the factory on the 7th May however They now say its due to the demand for the engine in A3 & A4.

I have am stuck well and truly, my car goes back in two weeks does anyone have any comments on the 2.7Tdi Manual Combination as an alternative

did you put a deposit down with the dealer?

have you explained the situ with your lack of car in 2 weeks?

surely if they would still want your custom and be willing to loan or hire you at a cheap rate a car until your next choice is available.

otherwise a call to audi uk to explain the situ and that you will just have to buy another make of car if they can't help you out?

sorry to hear about that mate - must be like christmas was cancelled!!

I think you'll find its the combo of multitonic and 2.0tdi.. They'll still let you have a 2.0tdi manual..

Nope just checked and german website and uk website (avant model) no longer list 2.0tdi as an option.. So guess this engine has been withdrawn.. Oh well.

No asked dealer earlier today - who confirm 2.0tdi is very much an option on the saloon model. We'll get there eventually!

I thought the 2.7 Manual would be better than 2.0 Manual the multitrnic gives an increased impression of speed the 2.0 is great engine however i am not so sure as a manual in an A6.

Without multitronic on the 2.7 (not available) the differance in cost for the two cars is only £800 that could be money well spent on whats potentialy a more exciting engine.

I just felt that the manual might annoy me having been used to an auto.

The Garage have already been very apologetic i had already aranged for a loan car at £450 per month until my car arrived.

[ QUOTE ]
I just felt that the manual might annoy me having been used to an auto..

[/ QUOTE ]

You've really answered your own question there. It's not about which is the "better" car, but whether you want automatic or manual. Once you've sorted that out, your choice will be easier.

I have been told by my dealer that the multitronic will be available in October on the 2.0 tdi.

i have 2.0 tdi A6 and personally i felt the car was just 2 big for that engine. the 2.7 is by far better in my opinion