Tempremental bulb warning light

adrenalin84

Reaction score
every so often during a car journey i get a bulb warning light on my rear left tail lights. All bulbs and lights work fine although after driving for a while the rear indicator stops working closely followed by rear side lights.........if i leave it and restart the ignition it disappears......any ideas?

every so often during a car journey i get a bulb warning light on my rear left tail lights. All bulbs and lights work fine although after driving for a while the rear indicator stops working closely followed by rear side lights.........if i leave it and restart the ignition it disappears......any ideas?

I have had a similar issue for three years now with a number plate light on my Avant. If I turn the lights off and then on the warning light corrects itself, spooky ! Another thing is that this only happens in winter, never in the summer , go figure ?

Probably the same gremlin that causes my car to only unlock the drivers door and tailgate on the first push of the remote when it is frosty and in the past couple of days change some of the settings for the SatNav!

Today on a motorway journey EVERY rear light came up with a bulb warning! Restarted engine and all cleared until later on

So, did you really fix it? How did you do it? I'm going insane with that same issue!!!
I fixed it for about a month :-s I took out the light unit and filed/sanded down all electrical connections inside and outside the unit. Ended up eventually buying some aftermarket led lights from germany which I had to rewire. Now all the lights work fine but I have 2 bulb warning lights on the dash as the new lights only require 1 sidelight, and the old ones have 3. But atleast the lights work! :-D