How to activate Speech Dialogue System C6

crispin

Reaction score
I have a C6 2005 A6 with MMI High and I have the speech button on the steering wheel, the car has Sat Nav, phone prep (ie: phone in armrest). Is it just reprogramming to get it to work or is there hardware involved? Thanks

press the button then talk, but i dont rate it to be honest.
better on my mums honda crz as everything except lights and wipers can be controlled by voice including things like demisting hotter colder heated seats etc lol.

The hardware is not fitted. You can enable SDS on the bluetooth module but that will only work for the BT module. Full SDS will work for the radio, sat nav, bt etc.

thanks all, maybe I won't do then as not that flush , I was just hoping all the hardware was there and it just needed turning on, fat chance!

i thought it would be part of the nav phone pack.
if you press the volume scrol wheel on the mfsw does it say navigation not active/ repeat last nav command?
try going into the phonebook via mmi and see if you can voice tag a contact, if the option is there it may wake it into life.

ah well. mine was a dealer demo so it has lots on it, i just thought would be part of the bluetooth package.
tbh its not that great anyway. its more entertaining with everyone shouting random numbers and waiting for her to get it wrong.

SDS is also part of the Bluetooth package (inbuilt into the BT interface firmware), but it only controls the BT interface. To check you have full SDS go to the radio and press the speach button say "help"... it will then give you a list of commands avalible for the Radio like "save station" "play station" etc etc, youy can do the same for the Navaigation as well. If you only get the help commands for the BT interface then you don't have full SDS.

i thought it would be part of the nav phone pack.
if you press the volume scrol wheel on the mfsw does it say navigation not active/ repeat last nav command?
try going into the phonebook via mmi and see if you can voice tag a contact, if the option is there it may wake it into life.

If I push the scroll wheel on the volume in nav it just says the current direction from the nav. In the phone book the name tag and delete name tag are greyed out so not active. Maybe activating that would give me speech on the phone?

SDS is also part of the Bluetooth package (inbuilt into the BT interface firmware), but it only controls the BT interface. To check you have full SDS go to the radio and press the speach button say "help"... it will then give you a list of commands avalible for the Radio like "save station" "play station" etc etc, youy can do the same for the Navaigation as well. If you only get the help commands for the BT interface then you don't have full SDS.

when I push the speech button on the steering wheel it just says But.not used.........