A6 C5 interior lights not working on drivers side

JohnG60

Reaction score
I wonder if any one has had similar problem and could give a pointer as to where/what the problem might be.

The window lifter on the drivers side broke so I removed the subframe and replaced the plastic clip - no problems. I didn't however mark the position of the door subframe before removal (dumb, I know ! ) and have had the trim off 4 times to get the alignment right and stop wind roar.

However now the car is not recognising the door as open and the interior lights/ footwell etc are not coming on. the central DIS is also not showing the door as open. My first reaction was that I'd disturbed one of the connectors to the latch where the micro switch is. However the drivers side rear door is also not turning on the interior lights or showing as open on the DIS - The passenger side is working normally on both doors as is the tailgate (it's an avant)

Is there a common ground or fuse somewhere for both drivers side doors that could be causing this. the window switches on front and rear doors and the central locking button on the drivers door are all working normally. - the car has just been serviced by VAGtech in Milton Keynes so not due another for 7k miles but don't want to wait until then to get it fixed plus it's a 200 mile round trip - but it's really bugging me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Car is booked into VAGtech next week for another problem so will get them to look at this - hopefully it's a fuse or relay