2005 A6 Aircon problems

Chunkymonkey64

Reaction score
Quick query in case anyone can shed any light on this.

Bought an A6 3.0tdi today, and seller had explained a problem with the aircon, which I'm okay with, but wondered if anyone had come across something similar before the dealer charges me an arm and a leg just to trace the fault!

Irrespective of where the temperature is set at on the control box all the vents, bar the middle two, which I've set for cooler air, pump out very hot air. If you turn the temp up to Hi then turn it back down again it works for a while then just builds back up again.

Sounds to me like a valve or a sensor has failed and just letting the car keep pumping hot air in, but thought I'd check before spending a fortune getting to the bottom of it.

Thanks for any advice.

Don

Is this with the aircon on or off?If its on can you check that the pipes from the compressor are cold?If OK then I guess the control flaps in the dash board have a fault.Is the grill over the sensor in the control unit clear?

I have had my car a year, same model and it has done this twice, the air is mega hot!!, If I mess with the temp, up and down, on and off it sorts itself out. I would play around with it 1st as a dealer will just change a part for the sake of it.

id say check the cabin temp sensor wherever thats located first.
then is their a sensor in the heater airflow ducts too.
pollen filter too perhaps??