Very irratated

deanosabby

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Got the timing belt replaced on my all road 3 weeks ago or so and guess what now it needs the water pump done.
I have been in and asked the dealership why it was not done at the same time and they told me it was because it looked ok at the time and they would only change it if it was leaking.
They have told me the impeller usually fails about 60,000 ish miles which is what my one has on it so I asked why they just not do it for the sake of £35 and they did not have an answer.
I am so annoyed with them as this is going to cost me another £400 or so and that is with a discount.
Sorry about the rant.
Ta,
Deano.

sounds like they are looking for more work.
leaking or not, i'd always change the water pump when changing the timing belt.

Aye I took it as a given that it was done at the same time but obviously not at Edinburgh Audi.:mad:

I agree you should be very peed off thats really poor service especially when there is so much competition.

id complain to audi uk about bad practice as im sure that its standard to advise about changing the waterpump or offer the option.

did they even change the tensioners and idlers etc??????

they are meant to ask you if you want to change a same time, that is standard. They have messed up, probably put young lad on the job who didn't know. Complain big time!!!!

I have complained mate but they are not shifting on it. They have told me it is "just one of these things".
They have given me a price of £356 to do it and that is with 10% discount on the parts and cutting the labour charge to £65+vat and only charging 3.5 hours.
I do not know where else to go with this and feel I will have to pay them to do it unless my local indie comes in cheaper.

mate i work in a bigish independent garage and we look after lots of vag group cars we ALWAYS price it for doing both the cambelt kit and the cambelt kit with water pump because they are common to fail,we will always try and advise them to do water pump at same time but with money being tight some dont.
if i was you i would email Audi UK as previously stated with a very ****ty but to the point email and see what they say. but again very bad practice. Its a shame you are not closer i would have done it for you :)

They did the same with me,I stated the water pump needs changing which they replied 'we'll have a look at it to see if it needs replacing' they never changed it

Well it is going in on Thursday this week to get replaced, they have quoted me a low price of £354 all in instead of the £754 all in it should be.
On the up side I picked up a set on 5 spoke allroad alloys for £150 which means I can get rid off my double 5 spoke ones which are fitted just now..
I'll post a pic of the 5 spokes once they have been refurbed and fitted.
Ta,
Deano.

Eh???? So you, the customer intimated that you wanted the water pump doing and they never bothered? That is unbelievable. What is wrong with these people? Is it practice now to not bother changing it at the same time, so that they can have another bite of the cheery at several hundreds of our hard earned again a few weeks/months down the line. Sounds like it.

Sometimes I am very thankful that I am a mechanic.