Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

AKE 2.5 tdi fault code 550

My allroad has a nasty hesitation. 2.5tdi ake engine. 200k. The fault code that keeps coming back is 550 'start of injection regulation, value above upper control limit'
    This points to a fault in the injection pump, but I replaced that new about 20k ago, a suggestion is the needle lift sensor (part of injector #3)
    Has anyone played this game before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Who adjusted the timing ? Usually the pump timing slips a little or the belt stretches so it goes out of the optimal timing window... Where abouts are you based ?
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi adamss24, can I ask you a question about injection timing? I have VAGCOM and can check my timing on my AKE engine no problem, but if I want to adjust it can this be done without putting the front of the car in the service position? Thanks in advance,
    Angus
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Who adjusted the timing ? Usually the pump timing slips a little or the belt stretches so it goes out of the optimal timing window... Where abouts are you based ?

6th Gear

Status
    Hi mate, if you have vag com, select engine -> measuring blocks 04 -> switch to Basic Settings -> TDI Timing, then select the last engine from the drop down box (AFB/AKN/AKE/BAU/BDG/AYM,etc.) and see where the plotted line is. The coolant needs to be at 80 Celsius with the engine at iddle. If it's too retarded then slacken the 3 bolts from the right hand side sprocket and carefully turn the pump clockwise a few mm ! Then start the engine again and repeat the steps above to get the plotted line just above the middle line, close to the top line. Small adjustments make big difference !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once