Head light wash advice needed

overdraft

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is the operation off the headlight washer from inside the bumper, on my last car a st220 mondeo it was ever third wash off the screen with the lights on whats the audi operation my car is an a6 allroad 2004.

They dont seem to operate at all, whats the check procedure ?

can anyone help ?

sure it says in the handbook, if i remember correctly it's every 10 single squirts or just hold it down for 1 long squirt

Manys thanks for your reply, why is it 43 people read the thread and you get one responce, i thaught the whole idea is to share knowledge..........

thanks for taking the time to reply.

IIRC, with mine, headlights on of course, It's every second or third squirt, as I hold the stalk for a good squirt. You can easily see it working as you drive along at night as you can see the spray from the lights over the bonnet.

Manys thanks for your reply, why is it 43 people read the thread and you get one responce, i thaught the whole idea is to share knowledge..........

I know what you mean! you're welcome.

Just been out and checked the handbook and it doesn't actualy say how many operations so I must have read that somewhere else, one continuous pull definitely makes the headlight washers run though

I have posted before about not getting a response on the A6 forum and have gone to the A4 (B7) forum for general Audi advice....

I am speaking as an ex A4 owner who's now an A6 owner... Maybe we are just older, less enthusiastic when we get A6s?!

Could be the fact that none of the 43 people that read the post knew the answer, I was one of them and had no idea how they operated, I could have lied but what's the point of giving a BS answer if it's not right!

Same here,
I have moved over from SAAB and could tell you how they operate but not how on my allroad.
Just incase though on the SAAB 95 it is after every 9 pulls on the washer arm or after a set amount of time (10mins) I think

My 2007 3.0 TDI: With the headlights on, the headlight washers operate with the first screen wash only, then tried 7 times after that and the headlight washers never bothered again.... got bored then.

thanks guys for all the positive feedback, tried them last night and every 10 washes or one constant wash brings them on.

job done.