a6 c5 problems help please!!

corradlo

....WestsideVW....
Reaction score
Website
www.westsidevw.co.uk
looking for some expert advice here guys, i have two problems,

1. fuel reading in car is incorrect, with a full tank the needle goes way past full marker and when tank is empty it show around 1 quarter..... its like the needle has moved slightly clockwise.

2. cannot get my glovebox light to work, i have checked everything including the light holder and that works but still no luck!

its 1.9 tdi 2004 c5

mya6.jpg

hope somebody can help

thanks

hi there my c5 1.8T does exactly the same as yours on the fuel gauge! first time it got to quater ****** ran :-( out still showing 70miles on trip. So i would be intrested if someone can shed some light on this aswell.
refrence your glove box light i take it you checked for a live & earth to it?if its got both then has to be bulb or the light unit itself.
p.s im loving your motor i havent had mine long so i just started but need to get new rims as the guy i bought it off ran along every kerb ha ha.

Hi guys,

Can it be recalibrated through Ross Tech/ vcds ???

Also, check the switch in the glove box to make sure it's making contact to illuminate the bulb?

thanks for the response guys, with the glovebox, i removed it and checked all of the wiring, its seems fine, i also checked the bulb and thats fine too,does it have a seperate fuse?

still got no idea why the fuel reading is of though, watty are you referring to a vagcom? if so i can try!

c5quattro, thanks buddy, im loving the car, it wont be my only c5, i think i may get an estate too.

Any ideas on this fuel gauge issue... it still not showing the correct amount, anybody else experience anything like this...

Also one new thing. The bonnet doesnt open, i assume the cable has broken, whats the best way to open them on th c5 a6

Thanks!

thanks for the response guys, with the glovebox, i removed it and checked all of the wiring, its seems fine, i also checked the bulb and thats fine too,does it have a seperate fuse?

still got no idea why the fuel reading is of though, watty are you referring to a vagcom? if so i can try!

c5quattro, thanks buddy, im loving the car, it wont be my only c5, i think i may get an estate too.

Yeah mate im in love with mine its burning my fingers at mo as im geting married this year so can spend the money on it until after the wedding lol! Am i right in saying you have the full interior LED upgrade? im just about to get them for mine :)

! apologies, i havent been on here for ages!! i have the full led upgrade from emtuning. Very happy with it, nice subtle mod...