Unusual climate control option on A6?

aledt

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm looking at buying an A6 and have been looking for the right spec/price combination for a while. I came across one yesterday, a 3.0 TDI S Line spec A6 Quattro saloon, 55 plate. I noticed that the climate control which I've seen in most A6' I've seen is different - instead of having two dials and LCD screens above, it seems to be four dials. I've not seen this and my googling isn't bringing up anything useful. Is this a lower spec a/c or something similar?

Thanks,
Aled.

Last edited:
I seem to think its not climate but standard air con matey...has been everytime I've seen one like that.

Also I'd change your heading, new A6 implies its the brand new shape, of which the C6 is now 'old' :)

I did wonder - I'm new to the Audi brand and all the S Line spec A6's I've seen so far have had climate control.

*facepalm* Do'h, of course. I did of course mean new *to me* :)

Most A6s shipped with Climate Control "Plus" as standard in the UK. A 2005 car would of been one of the earliest cars imported and it may be that initially "Plus" was an option with a more basic a/c solution as standard. Never seen it before, but did find a 2.0 from around the same era for sale on the web with a similar set-up so clearly not unique

The early A6's had a different Aircon setup, it's still the same idea with the same options but instead of an LED readout of the temp you have a rotary control. Find some other pre 2006 cars on Autotrader and you will spot them.

I had two 2005 A6 avants, both SE models and they had different air con units, one had the basic and one had the higher spec. I've also seen 2007/8 cars with the basic spec air con in as well.

It also seems that Audi are doing the same with the new A6/A7, poverty spec 3 dials/2 zone air con unless you order the 4 zone and then you get a digital climate control.