Sat Nav Disc Version

mattyn

Reaction score
Hi All

From the pic below could someone please be kind enough to let me know what version disc I need to upgrade to 2011/2010 maps for the UK? Mine is at 2005 and a bit out of date.

3196-sdc10373.JPG

And is it a simple case of removing the old and inserting the new?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Just make sure you get the right version ie 2G or 3G

I want to upgrade my 2007 2G for the 2011 but at £170 it's a bit steep.

Mine was even cheaper - *coughs* ........but works.Have not got the 3D option though - or the perspective view, depending on how you describe it.Does that come with a MMI software/firmware upgrade?

How can you tell whats 2G or 3G?!

If it is pre the 2008 Face Lift (ie not a MY09) then it will be 2G post that then it will be 3G. Some sites say that 3G have a joystick on the MMI controller but this is incorrect as the the joystick only comes with the HDD version of the Sat Nav (MMI High). The ultimate check is to look at the DVD (which for 3G versions is in the glovebox and not in the side of the boot area) If it is a 3G version it says on on the disk (assuming you have a genuine Audi disk)

Thanks Elan, understood.

Mattyn, I do know the 3D version with buildings etc comes on the 3G MMI Sat Nav.

The MMI 2G does have a 3D option, but its not 'all singing - all dancing' its simply like following a map that's like a globe surface, as opposed to looking straight down at a map. The option is somewhere in the Nav Set-up menu.....

Only the HDD 3G version offers 3D with buildings etc, the 3G DVD version is 2D, has even lost the 3D function that was in the 2G version

its funny how stuff like 3G, 3D and HDD is kept on the QT....