Audi extended warranty

ex-vag

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken out the Audi extended warranty? If so, what are your experiences? I've had my A6 for a year now and it's promted a letter from them regarding the warranty, logged on and entered details which returned a figure of £550pa with a 15k mile limit, just wondered if this was worth the money or I should take a look at other warranty palces, for example Warranty wise who quoted a no quibble all in everything covered figure of £730pa.

Tempted to go with the latter even though it's an extra £200 just for piece of mind and to save the hassle factor in having to argue the toss regarding what is and what isn't covered.

Warranty wise seem to offer the most comprehensive cover, and you'll find the Audi policy probably comes with all sorts of exclusions so as tedious as it is, it's worth checking the small print on both services.

The other option is to ring fence the money and sit on it in case anything does go wrong. If it doesn't it's yours for free, then add the same amount again next year and it should cover literally most big jobs (obviously depends on how long you aim to keep the car).

My S3 is now 4.5 years old and spend most of it's 2nd year in the dealers having clutch, flywheels, rear diffs, new seat base, MAF's, misfire invesitgations, yet at 4.5yrs old it's running better than ever - go figure!!! If you drive your car with respect and it's been largely trouble free, I'd be inclined to sit on the cash given the economic climate. It's a big pay out if nothing goes wrong. If you have strong suspicions big bills may be on the way then it's the calculated gamble. You CAN be over insured!

Last edited:
Hi warrencox,

Thanks for the reply, been off with the kids so no chance of internet access! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, sounds like a good idea to me, instead of paying the circa £700 in one go for the cover, I'll put aside £70 a month into another account and take my chances, just as long as any bill doesn't exceed that amount!
Fingers crossed all should be ok though, it's just had a service including, brake fluid and gearbox oil change and passed it's MOT with no issues.

Cheers