can xenons be adjusted?

Pault212

Reaction score
Hi all....I have a question about the hid xenons on my '01 2.7T; is there a way to adjust them myself, or do I need to have a mechanic do it? They seem to be aimed fairly low and I fould myself having to use my hi-beams more than I ever have with other cars (just got the a6 last week). I read that they self-adjust for load and level, but they seem to be out of whack...any suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
Also, if anyone here is in the NYC area; any recommendations re. mechanics?? Thanks all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Hi ya buddy, well i own an older a6 98, and not local as in uk! i find same problem, if you look behind the headlights there should be a big knob which you turn and that gives adjustment to the lights.

Thanks Journeyman -I'm still new to this and to owning an Audi so I don't have any of that equip. yet. I think for now, just to make night driving a bit easier, I'll have them adjusted at a shop. But thanks again for the detailed reply -now I have to go look up exactly what the VAS 5052 and vagcom are!

VAS 5052 is the computerthat us at audi use and the vagcom is the cheaper comp that other main stream garages use (non main dealer)
If you adjust the lights without using either of these the self levelling unit wiil over ride you adjustment and return you back to where you came from .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
DOH !!