Please help me!! iphone MMI queries/ issues/ ball ache

pea.

Reaction score
Hi, it's been a long time since I came on here but being 'Audi til I die' i'll always come back!!
The A3 Quattro's long gone and I recently acquired a 2005 A6 S-line..

Can you help?

I'm looking to hook my iphone 3gs to the MMI ((high)I think)
It has a bracket in the armrest that I believe ran a nokia through previously and the bluetooth does connect.

However, I can't get the contacts to come across, i've imported them all from the sim within the iphone like some other posts suggested but that had no effect, any ideas?

Also, what are my options generally? The iphone bracket that would replace the nokia bit seems like an expensive charger but nothing more as that's all it seems to add (other than tidying the armrest up)

Ideally i'd be able to run my music through the MMI whilst charging, transferring contacts and still using the bluetooth for calls, is that at all doable for my car (2005 MMI high)

It may not seem like it but I have searched for days for definitive answers, i'd really appreciate your help..

Good to be back!!

Mike

Questions.

Do you have the colour mmi display or is it red?

If you have the colour mmi then my guess is your mmi software is out of date, and needs the latest firmware update.
Here is a eBay link to what looks like the genuine update disks AUDI MMI HIGH Firmware update 3CDs "5570" A6, A8, Q7 | eBay UK

Don't bother trying to find copied version of the disks on the Internet you could end up with you entire mmi system turned in a brick.

Also some users have turned the phone module into a brick even with the genuine disk, the update fails and then you cannot redo the firmware update.

Used modules can be purchased from eBay.de for around 150 euro.

Also note in some cases the update can enable component protection which only an Audi dealer can remove for a small charge.

If you what to connect your iPhone to play music then you will need to get AMI (Audi Music Interface) retrofitted, or dension gateway 500 These can be fitted by Audi dealers & retrofit company's for around £400. Note that you will need to have a current version of the mmi software or the AMI to work, the dension gateway will work on most versions of the mmi software.

Last edited:
buy a dension 500....brilliant. Charges and full music interface and USB stick, you can also add bluetooth module.Easy to fit yourselve, I did my own in 1 hour. You tube has videos of how to fit.

I found the AMI to be far better, and if your not bothered about the CD-Changer then the AMI is a 1 minute job to install, just use a couple of Audi radio removal keys to extract the CD-Changer unplug the power & fibre optic cables then plug them into the AMI module and slide back in job done.

5570 will be the final update to the 2G MMI system so unless you what to play CD's you should never need the changer again.

my a6 has the ami and a cd/mp3 changer but i use the audi special hard drive.