Cigarette Lighter Fuse location?

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I brought an iPhone in car charger and when plugging in, it seems to have blown somewhere, (probabily down to it being a cheapy)!

I tried it in both front & boot plugs and neither work now. I checked the fuse in the actual iPhone charger itself and the fuse is still good. I also looked for a blown fuse in the 2 fuse compartments found on both sides of the front dash and none here.

Any ideas? Is there another stash of fuses somewhere else or could it be an inline fuse or relay that may have blown?

TIA

It is in the boot on the drivers side - I think there a 2 banks of fuses there (above the battery) I cannot remember which one it is, just remove one by one and check (and replace if blown)

in the boot on the right. Mine was out to and it took me ages to find it.

in the boot on the right. Mine was out to and it took me ages to find it.

Where abouts? I had a good look yesterday but couldn't find anything.
On the left in boot there is a hatch where Nav is but no hatch on the right.

On my 2010 A6 Avant (and according to the manual) the fuse for the front lighter is in the panel behind the left hand end of the dash - the fuses are housed in both ends of the dash - and the fuse for the rear lighter is behind the panel on the right hand side of the load bay (on mine it is the one with the string retaining net). Doubt this changed much with the facelift so hope it helps. Actually thinking about the one in the rear panel could be for the socket in the load area rather than the one for the rear passengers, which might be deemed to be the "front one". Hope this helps

On my 2010 A6 Avant (and according to the manual) the fuse for the front lighter is in the panel behind the left hand end of the dash - the fuses are housed in both ends of the dash - and the fuse for the rear lighter is behind the panel on the right hand side of the load bay (on mine it is the one with the string retaining net). Doubt this changed much with the facelift so hope it helps. Actually thinking about the one in the rear panel could be for the socket in the load area rather than the one for the rear passengers, which might be deemed to be the "front one". Hope this helps

Thanks I will check this out and yes I have a small net on drivers Side in load area. Is there a fuse box behind there?
I did check the 2 fuse boxes located on passenger and drivers side front dash and couldn't see a fuse gone or see a fuse listed on the back of trim cover stating 'Cigarette Lighters', unless it is under something else?

yes there are fuses behind there. According to my handbook the lighter fuse is in the Black Carrier and is #12 and is 20A rated, but as I said previously that one may be for the load area socket. Just looked at the handbook again and am now puzzled as there is a fuse for the lighter (again 20A) for LHD vehicles but not RHD. Must surely be a misprint in the manual. Suggest you look at all of the 20A fuses on both ends of the dash, testing them with a multimeter if you have one as it may not be an obvious "blow". If logic follows it should be in the black carrier on the LH side of the dask. Can't believe that Audi has two such completely different looms dependiong on whoich side of the car the steering wheel is.

yes there are fuses behind there. According to my handbook the lighter fuse is in the Black Carrier and is #12 and is 20A rated, but as I said previously that one may be for the load area socket. Just looked at the handbook again and am now puzzled as there is a fuse for the lighter (again 20A) for LHD vehicles but not RHD. Must surely be a misprint in the manual. Suggest you look at all of the 20A fuses on both ends of the dash, testing them with a multimeter if you have one as it may not be an obvious "blow". If logic follows it should be in the black carrier on the LH side of the dask. Can't believe that Audi has two such completely different looms dependiong on whoich side of the car the steering wheel is.

Thanks for looking up, I will also check tonight my manual and all fuses on left & right of dash Inc the one hidden in the boot. Hopefully I get can get them all sorted before tomorrow early AM as I'm heading out to Nurburg and sort of need them working!

Last edited:
Just an update to thank the above. I managed to find a blown fuse in the boot compartment and was all sorted in time. :beerchug: