advice and help needed on lcd clock cluster

a6george

Reaction score
the answer is NO, my clocks are jaeger not vdo, the one i needed which Ive got now has a offset ribbon. will put pics up of both, so if anyone needs a display for a vdo clock set, you know where there is one. :)
regards

The answer is its def not a diy job, Its a nightmare to strip clocks down for a start, all pointers and dial motors have to be removed but thats just a pain, the impossible bit is the soldering of the new one, I use a electronic repair company through work and they agreed to solder new one in for me, there verdict was cant be soldered the normall way, so if you have good soldering skills and have a soldering gun that uses a very very fine jet of very hot air, Around £1600 worth of solder gun, it can be done. if you dont have this get someone who has to fit. after all that you need vagcom to reset all your dials. now clocks back in screen looks great till it goes dark then bright then goes all scrambled up. so my advice is send clocks away to be repaired or find new clocks.
Regards George

The answer is its def not a diy job, Its a nightmare to strip clocks down for a start, all pointers and dial motors have to be removed but thats just a pain, the impossible bit is the soldering of the new one, I use a electronic repair company through work and they agreed to solder new one in for me, there verdict was cant be soldered the normall way, so if you have good soldering skills and have a soldering gun that uses a very very fine jet of very hot air, Around £1600 worth of solder gun, it can be done. if you dont have this get someone who has to fit. after all that you need vagcom to reset all your dials. now clocks back in screen looks great till it goes dark then bright then goes all scrambled up. so my advice is send clocks away to be repaired or find new clocks.
Regards George

I kinda thought that might be the answer :unsure: