Anyone know what this noise is please

dentsy

Love this B7 cab
Reaction score
Website
www.ftd-technics.co.uk
Hi, I have a C5 2.5 Tdi V6 and the belts and tensioners have all been done in the last 1000 miles

I now have this noise and a slight vibration only on start up and shut down, it seems to be coming from the passenger side and as your standing in front of the car towards the lower right side,

the sound file is here :-

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

anyone please ?

Thanks,

Simon

wait till something goes wrong and then you'll know.....

Hi Just had a friend listen to it & he seems to think its possibly the Vibration damper on the crank pulley that has gone.

I just called Audi & they said that the Vibration Damper is seperate from the pulley but to buy complete is £325:( OUCH !!

My engine code is AFB 2.5 TDI V6 and the part they have quoted me for is 059 105 251 AC

Anyone know where I can get one much cheaper I am looking on EBay but they are £189 too would a used one be a viable purchase ?

Regards,

Simon

Hi All,

Well stripped front end off only to find that vibration damper was fine but I changed it anyway,

we then found that the part that is making the noise is the one shown in the picture below I hope its not the spring behind the bracket thats worn as its a lot of work to strip down again.

I have had great assistance from Peter D by him sending me pics of whats involved but just thought I may as well

put this up just in case anyone else has had the same problem on start up & shut down

https://picasaweb.google.com/118345697919795457280/ScreenCaptures?authkey=Gv1sRgCJOc08jK8K-avAE
#

regards,

Simon

This is what the car sounds like from inside also some slight vibration and a strange noise from engine it definately sounds different from when I had the car 5 months ago
Car is a2.0 tdi BRE 140 bhp remapped to 180

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very confusing thread as it starts off with a 2.5v6 car over 2.5 years ago and then switches to a 2.0 car for the last 2 posts.
Almost impossible to decide what a faint noise is. Could be the DMF on the way out how many miles has the car done ?.
Could also be quite a few other things. Try a bit of two stroke in the tank and see if it quietens down a bit . Around 0.5% so 200- 250ml in a 50L tank.

This is a very confusing thread as it starts off with a 2.5v6 car over 2.5 years ago and then switches to a 2.0 car for the last 2 posts.
Almost impossible to decide what a faint noise is. Could be the DMF on the way out how many miles has the car done ?.
Could also be quite a few other things. Try a bit of two stroke in the tank and see if it quietens down a bit . Around 0.5% so 200- 250ml in a 50L tank.

Hi car done 103 k , 2 stroke oil ?

Si