dog/luggage net removal

tullA6

Mean Green Machine
Reaction score
Hi lads,
can you tell me is the dog net removeable? i have the boot cover off but the dog net spool looks like its fixed fast to the rear seats , is this the case or can it be removed easily...... had a bit of a push/pull but cant seem to see if it does!

any pointers most welcome...serious design flaw otherwise:blink:

I am assuming it is the Avant you have? (otherwise no boot cover?). If it is the same as mine (05 new model) then there is a push button on the drivers side which releases it, BUT you can only get at it by tipping the rear seats forward to allow it to be removed, otherwise the seat back fouls it and it won't come off.
It will (on mine) also slot onto a special fixing on the seat back when its down to allow you to use it with the full load space in use.
Hope this helps

not sure if you have c5 or c6 but it comes off both. as above you must release seat forward. Hope it works.

thanks guys, sorry yes uts an avant i have, i am new to this audi business , mine is a 2002 model so is that a c5 or c6?? now as for this release button, is the switch on the double seat as this is where the bulk of the dog net housing seems fixed to. and is the switch near the shoulder of the bum of the seat back...or will it just be obvious when i see it???? thanks again

I have a 2002 too, and have just removed mine. Tip your rear seats forward, then slide it off. Can't remember whether its left or right, but it does just slide off, with a little brut force.

I need to remove mine also as I've just bought a full custom cover for the boot & it need fixing behind the guard. I couldn't work out how to remove it the other day.

I have a 2002 too, and have just removed mine. Tip your rear seats forward, then slide it off. Can't remember whether its left or right, but it does just slide off, with a little brut force.

It's the right hand side. Open the right hand rear door and slide it off the runner which runs along the back of the seats at the top.

on the ball lads, hadnt tried removing it util last weekend, but it work a treat..needed a little shuv as suggest watty...thanks all.