AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

creaky noisy tailgate A6 avant

anybody else have a creaky boot, I have a C6 3.0TDI avant, the plastic surround on the inside of the tailgate is always creaking as the car drives, not very Audi really!
    3.0 TDI S Line Quattro Avant, Leather, Bose, Colour MMI Sat Nav, Phone, LED rear + Xenons

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Not a C6 but ever since i took mine apart to fix the leaking rear washer it's not been the same.

S-line suspension won't help either, since dropping my tyre profile from 55 to 40 the crashing and creaking has got worse
    A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Sport 220bhp 458Nm 6 speed Manual

richardaudi0

Status
    Try spraying some silicone lubricant in the groove of the plastic lock mechanism cover where it joins the tailgate trim. I had this and it cured it completely after many times taking the whole trim off and trying to pad with felt or spray various edges of it.
    2007 Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic. Oyster grey/grey leather.

1st Gear

Status
    I have also stuffed bits of foam pad and tape all around the inside trim. I was going to take it all off this afternoon but I will try your trick first as I have some silicon spray here at work!! I will let you know, fingers crossed!
    3.0 TDI S Line Quattro Avant, Leather, Bose, Colour MMI Sat Nav, Phone, LED rear + Xenons

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richardpolo View Post
    Try spraying some silicone lubricant in the groove of the plastic lock mechanism cover where it joins the tailgate trim.
    I tried spray in the hinges at the roofline but I'm not sure that is what you mean (didn't work), do you mean the locking mech on the tailgate where it meets the bumper, sorry but hard to explain??

richardaudi0

Status
    I found a pic on Google, although it's not the correct model, and have ringed the area I'm talking about, but I can't see how to attach it to this reply, so if you PM me with your email address I'll send it. You might be able to spray without dismantling, or, if not, just undo the screws then release the two internal clips either side allowing you to pull the trim down slightly to get the spray into the groove. Hope this is OK.
    2007 Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic. Oyster grey/grey leather.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Richard for help but a no go, I'll have to life with it I think.

1st Gear

Status
    sorted!! It was not the rear trim on the bootlid, it was the cargo net. very happy!! Thanks for all help and advice!