AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

A6 Passenger Airbag

Hi all,

I have posted about this in the past, but now it has become a problem. I need to remove the passenger airbag on my A6 4.2 2000.
    There is no switch in the glovebox - it was an optional extra, I have followed instructions on the net for disabling with VAG com, but it cant find the airbag.

So to be sure with the airbag not going off with my daughter in the front seat it has to be removed. Please can someone point me in the right direction. The other option is remove the airbag controller under the centre console, I know that will take all day.

Please help - I am almost at the stage of sending it to the audi garage and maxing the credit card.

2. # ADS
    ADS

RoyC

Status
    Are there any fuses marked air bag?

6th Gear

Status
    Get someone with fully registered vag-com and connect to the airbag, select adaptation channel 1 and set to 0 wich should turn it off. I remember doing it to a 98a6 but yiurs might require a different procedure so see ross tech wiki for the right procedure...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once