New member needing help please

gm1308

Reaction score
Hello

I bought a 57 plate A6 2/0 tdi S-Line just over 6 months ago and the "Oil Pressure" warning light came on yesterday so I immediately pulled over and had the car recovered to my home.

The car has full Audi service history and its last service was last November with mileage at 87500, it is now at 93500.

I have read through the forums and this seems to be a major breakdown with repairs quoted at between £1700 and £7000.

My local Audi dealership have been very helpful and have contacted Audi UK on my behalf who have basically said tough luck. The car had its head and cam belt replaced at 60000 miles due to failure.

I didn't buy the car from an approved dealer, but instead from a respectable private car sales company. They aren't willing to help because it is outside of the 6 months period in which they have to repair under the law.

I have the car on credit, and have tried the "Not fit for purpose" on them, but they have said that only counts for the first 48 hours.

The warranty I have only covers the first £300 of repairs so I am looking at a huge gap which I have to pay.

Can anyone suggest what to do next? I certainly cant afford for the car to be repaired and everyone seems to be washing their hands of it. I certainly would not have expected a major failure such as this for a car that is only 3 and a half years old.

I have owned BMW 5 and & 7 series in the past without the sort of problem and with a lot higher mileages for the same age. I even has a Peugeot 407 with galactic mileage on it, when that blew the head gasket at 4 years old, the dealer bent over backwards to help.

At the moment, I have a £12K on the drive, which I cant afford to repair but still have to pay for it every month without being able to use it.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Gary

pull the sump off replace the probley blocked pick up pipe and ur good to go
or could be a simple sensor fault
but you did right geting it recoverd

Got to agree with Bez, you deffo did the right thing pulling over immediately as you'd be amazed at the number of people who just ignore a serious warning like oil pressure.
Could just be a sensor or more likely the blocked pickup pipe as already said but don't think the worst.

Good luck.

Well, it has taken 2 weeks with the garage initially clearing the pick-up pipe, then establishing that the oil pumo had failed and had to be replaced. Changed the gauze on the pick-up pipe and still not working. Have now found that the sump is knackered along with the "bottom of the engine" Garage are guaranteeing this will now resolve the problem and if it costs extra they will pick up the additional costs. Bill is now £2500. I am disgusted that a car which is just over 3 and a half years old should have so many massive problems. Doubt I will but Audi (or even VW) ever again. Will go back to BMW and Mercs. Once the car is repaired, I am selling it immediately for £10500 if anyone wants it

Well, it had to happen. Went to garage yesterday to pick up the car and when they took it for the test drive, the ****** turbo blew. Another £500-600. This has so far cost me over £3000. I cant hold the garage liable because they didn't know the turbo had gone until they got it out on the road. These cars are a pile of junk and Audi should hold their heads in shame for producing such unreliable expensive rubbish. Never again will I buy an Audi, I want to get rid of this thing as soon as it is repaired. Offers?

this isnt what you want to hear but
the garage that did the work should have known the turbo could be shot
they should have sent it away to be checked cos of the problem you had