New A6 Owner - Few Questions

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently purchased an A6 S Line 2.0 TDI 06 and have a few general questions.

It has Sat-Nav and it seems everything is controled through it, which is great but it may be out of date.

1. Sat-Nav Disc location - I have the 2007 Sat-Nav DVD, but I still haven't found where the DVD goes if I need to replace with a the new 2010-2011 version? The box is empty so guess it is stored somewhere in the car. But Where??

In my Audi 8P A3 I also have Sat-Nav and the 2007 DVD goes behind the RNSE but in the A6 its all built in.

2. 3D MAP - The A6 has a 2D visual (Bird eye view) when looking on the Sat-Nav MAP but cant seem to find 3D mode. I have thought maybe this is because it is the old version? Its strange because I have both 2007 DVDs in my A3 & A6 and my A3 shows 3D (much better).

3. Bluetooth Phone - Also when trying to link up my bluetooth phone to the phone through the car it says its not available. However on the steering wheel it has the button to answer the call. I am wondering if this needs to be activated with Audi and was never set up when it would have come out the factory or am I doing something wrong here?

4. Rear Parking Sensors - It has rear parking sensors but no parking aid view is shown on the screen when reversing. Can this be installed or uploaded so it can be viewed?

5. TV - Why would this not work as I though if it came out the factory with the screen it would have everything install. Was this an extra and therefore I need an aerial or am I yet again doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance chaps! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of A6 ownership

1 Sat Nav disk reader is either in the boot, LH side behind removable trim panel, or in the glove box. I think on the earlier C6s it was in the boot
2 3D map view is a software issue. Do a search on this forum as there was a post about this recently
3 Bluetooth phone was an option, seems you do not have it. There are aftermarket options some of which can use the buttons on the steering wheel or you can get the Audi system retro installed
4 Standard parking sensors did not include any image on MMI display. Can be upgraded if you have MMI High (Colour display, although if you are sure you have the DVD system and not he CD system them you have MMI High) but is not cheap
5 TV was an option and only available with MMI High. Unlikely to have been chosen by someone buying a 2.0 TDI. I am sure it can be installed at a price

Hope this helps

I test drove an A8 with TV/Satnav etc and TV didnt work, or at least pick up any signal, remember that the analogue transmitters may have been switched off in your area, they dont pick up digital signals, there may be a digital receiver you can get and plug in tho.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, much appreciated!
I will try and have a search on here to see the bluetooth options as this is most important at the moment.

What is the MMI Display? Would I have this?

Welcome to the world of A6 ownership

1 Sat Nav disk reader is either in the boot, LH side behind removable trim panel, or in the glove box. I think on the earlier C6s it was in the boot
2 3D map view is a software issue. Do a search on this forum as there was a post about this recently
3 Bluetooth phone was an option, seems you do not have it. There are aftermarket options some of which can use the buttons on the steering wheel or you can get the Audi system retro installed
4 Standard parking sensors did not include any image on MMI display. Can be upgraded if you have MMI High (Colour display, although if you are sure you have the DVD system and not he CD system them you have MMI High) but is not cheap
5 TV was an option and only available with MMI High. Unlikely to have been chosen by someone buying a 2.0 TDI. I am sure it can be installed at a price

Hope this helps

A late thanks to all. Really not sure where to go from here.
I don't want to be paying big bucks but then don't want an aftermarket stick on dash either! OEM gets my vote when coming to this stuff. Arrhhhh!!

P.s ended up having a nosey through the boot and found the DvD sat nav disc location. The disc is marked MMI, whether that gives any clues to what set up I'm running?

Last edited:
A late thanks to all. Really not sure where to go from here.
I don't want to be paying big bucks but then don't want an aftermarket stick on dash either! OEM gets my vote when coming to this stuff. Arrhhhh!!

P.s ended up having a nosey through the boot and found the DvD sat nav disc location. The disc is marked MMI, whether that gives any clues to what set up I'm running?

If it is a DVD and you have the colour display with map on the dash (along with European coverage) then it is the MMI-High system. If it is a UK only Nav CD with the non-map display then it is MMI-Basic Plus

Thanks. Yes I have Europe coverage, 2007 disc infact. Not sure if it's full colour? I view the map on screen on dash but no 3d view.
If it is a DVD and you have the colour display with map on the dash (along with European coverage) then it is the MMI-High system. If it is a UK only Nav CD with the non-map display then it is MMI-Basic Plus

Re Sat nav: [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]3D view is available on a 2007 car, under Nav/Setup/Map View you should have the 3D view option. This is not the same as the 2009/10 cars with beautiful 3G maps with pictures of buildings, etc.[/FONT]

Re Sat nav: [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]3D view is available on a 2007 car, under Nav/Setup/Map View you should have the 3D view option. This is not the same as the 2009/10 cars with beautiful 3G maps with pictures of buildings, etc.[/FONT]

Definately not there. I have been through the options but on my A3 RNSE 2007 DVD I have it thou.