A slightly different flasher unit problem

Inskip75

Reaction score
My indicators decided to stay on instead of flashing about a week ago, so removed the trim etc and gave the flasher unit a bit of a tap/clout and then the indicators work fine but the relay in the unit would rapidly click when indicators were cancelled and randomly at other times - over bumps etc. So fitted a new audi unit and same thing happens, so thought its a dodgy unit, so bought a second and exactly the same thing happens.

Hazards work fine on all units.

Thinking the unit is getting some spurious signal when indicators are switched off?? Anybody had anything like this - on all the threads I've read a new or 'rebuilt' unit works fine.

All info gratefully received:crying:

Sounds like water in the convenience module, under carpet in passenger footwell. Same thing happened to me, so check it out first. The washer pipe comes through here and if it pops at the joint, the water will empty in to the floor space and fill up the plastic box holding the module. Or it's water getting to the same point, via pollen filter/ under battery..., under the scuttle panel, fills up with water due to block drainage bungs.

Thanks for the advice and the carpet is up and drying out! - pollen filter and battery ok as I thought they were but leak on wash pipe or maybe joint - got too dark to see or be bothered tonight! Module is dry inside box but will wait and see til totally dry and see how affects indicator relay. Then will check plugs into module - when I figure how to get them out - daylight will probably help here!

Module was dry, but washer joint had parted, all dry now but indicators still misbehaving - did read on one post that there is a bunch of soldered connection in the loom which get wet - but I can't see anything obvious, could somebody point me in the right direction please as this seems the next place to look.

thanks