Audi allroad C5 2.5tdi 2002 - ABS controller problems - help Bosch 5.0 or 5.2?

Alski2009

Reaction score
I'm getting warning lights for ESP, brakes and air suspension along with the single long beep. Adamss24 scanned my fault codes and recorded the ABS controller fault. Does anyone know where the ABS controller is and which type it is on an Audi allroad C5 2.5tdi 2002? CHEAP ABS Module Repair for Audi have posted some notes about the different types. Would i be correct in saying allroads have the Bosch 5.0 / 5.2?

Taken from their website "...If your Audi has ESP and does not have a 5.7 module, it cannot be repaired. We currently only repair integrated units (where the control module and pump are located together)..."

I had stupidly tried to use my rear wash during the snow storms and must have popped a connection. I don't know if it's in the hatch or under the carpet. Question. Has the leaking screenwash soaked the ABS controller and have the contacts corroded inside?

If it's a Bosch 5.3 there's a video on YouTube of a guy soldering some wire to a couple of the contacts. Anyone attempted this on their own unit? How hard can it be? Some of the recon firms can turn it around in a couple of days.

Thanks in-advance.

Did you replace the brake switch ? Do that first and see if it still occurs...

Did you replace the brake switch ? Do that first and see if it still occurs...

Hey Chris. Hightailed it up to Audi Walton-on-Thames after work and picked up my brakelight switch and rear wash repair kit. May attempt the brakelight switch this evening.

Question. What's the secret to fitting it properly? The last one i'd attempted to change I measured how deep it sat in the fitting. Unscrewed the old one, replaced it with the new one. Checked to see if the pedal was acting on the switch before turning the ignition on. I had to push the pedal so hard for the brake lights to go on, wound it out a bit. Over did it (lights were on constantly) then adjusted it in a bit so the lights go on if i breathe on the pedal.

I'd spent some time looking at Bosch 5.0 stuff on the interweb last night. Hope it isn't the controller.

Its no secret, you need to pay attention to when the switch breaks connection and how quick it does it as you dont want it as high up as possible...Measuring the old one is fine but i would try playing with it till you get a good action from it.

Found this page AudiWorld Tech Articles which goes through setting it up. But can't find someone's post of an image from Ekta showing removal and installation. Found my old switch in my toolbox this morning and charging my torch batteries for later on this evening.

Woo hoo! Sorted! The brake light switch needed the tiniest of tweaks and that was it. No flashing glowplug warning light and a quick test drive around the block confirmed cruise control works again. So pleased it's fixed. I was already looking in to replacing the ABS controller. Thanks peeps.

great news, can't beat persevering with a problem and having a final 'Eureka' moment :thumbsup:

Thanks HerefordQuattro. I often forget it is just a car. Albeit a slightly more complex car with sensors, etc. My commute to work over the last few weeks has been accompanied with lots of warning lights and beeps. I've had to adapt my route and driving style to allow frequent stops to restart the engine and cycle the various warning lights. So pleased with myself today. I hit the Hammersmith flyover at attack speed and not even a shudder nor a beep.

How does your car cope with 458Nm? I may attempt fitting my Spider Tuning box sometime soon.