Newbie with question

BUCKINGRAM

Reaction score
Hi all after owning a 1999 C5 A6 2.5 tdi saloon I've now upgraded to an A6 S Line Avant C6 2.0 FSI.

It only has the basic MMi so I've been adding stand alone bluetooth and Ipod adaptors etc.

The thing I'm struggling with is adding some basic reversing sensors. I realise it is a canbus wiring system and intended to fit a single by-pass relay to overcome any errors but I can't pinpoint exactly which cable at the rear fuse box is the reverse light power feed. I think from taking out the light unit itself and testing continuity it is the red / orange cable but as that is in the tailgate I need to find it somewhere else, preferably at the rear fusebox as stated. It doesn't have it's own fuse as it is connected to the fusebox as part of a ' module ' I believe.

Does anyone know which cable is the reverse light power feed + ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all after owning a 1999 C5 A6 2.5 tdi saloon I've now upgraded to an A6 S Line Avant C6 2.0 FSI.

It only has the basic MMi so I've been adding stand alone bluetooth and Ipod adaptors etc.

The thing I'm struggling with is adding some basic reversing sensors. I realise it is a canbus wiring system and intended to fit a single by-pass relay to overcome any errors but I can't pinpoint exactly which cable at the rear fuse box is the reverse light power feed. I think from taking out the light unit itself and testing continuity it is the red / orange cable but as that is in the tailgate I need to find it somewhere else, preferably at the rear fusebox as stated. It doesn't have it's own fuse as it is connected to the fusebox as part of a ' module ' I believe.

Does anyone know which cable is the reverse light power feed + ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a list of how to's http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/index.html