water leaking in the passenger footwell

stimpy

Reaction score
hi all

i have a bit of an ongoing issue with a leak in the passenger footwell, it only leaks when i go through a car wash, heavy rain is not problem.
The leak drips from behind the dash onto the carpet, this indicates the pollen filter area to me.

I have removed the pollen filter housing and found the seal was shot (like all my other Audi's) re-sealed it and cleaned all the crud that has accumulated around it.

Just been through a carwash and still a leak just as bad as before????
i have read on other topics that there is a drain in the area of the pollen filter, i couldn't see one. so any help on that front would be great.

Any other ideas :keule:

the drain on the b7 is under the battery
as you have a A6 i have no idea if its in the same place

will have to have a look on my C5, does the water from the battery drip in the footwell when blocked.

has it had the windscreen replaced at all?

the drain on the b7 is under the battery
as you have a A6 i have no idea if its in the same place
yep 2 drains in the scuttle, 1 under battery & 1 under brake servo. Mine were both clogged and big muddy puddle sloshing about in there!

Check the plastic shield that fits to the bottom of the windscreen (the one the wipers come through) If this is not sitting tight to the screen water can run inbetween it and the glass. Hence water dribbles into the pollen filter and down into the footwell.

You need to fix this fast because of the amount of electrics it affects.

Check if your pollen filter itself is wet. If it is thats your problem. Just seal the plastic to the window using a fine line of black silicon.

Worked wonders for me, and you cannot notice it.

Twistd.

not yet, been working day and night. it only leaks if i go through a car wash. heavy rain isnt a problem. will post when i can.

DON'T USE A CAR WASH !!

Sounds like a door seal leaking with the unusual water angle/ pressure from going through a car wash?

Have a look next time to see if when the door is opened whether water is getting past the seal. Or is there an unusual gap between the door and wing? Could it be getting in here, missing trim ?