A6 Rear Driver Door Problems

daver

Reaction score
Lo all,

Got a slight problem with the rear door of my 1998 110Tdi Se A6 Saloon, the electric window does not work and the door lights are not working either.

The only thing that works is the Central Locking and thats it, it seems that they are on the same circuit breaker or something according to the handbook, any ideas folks please?????

cheers

Dave

Hi There,

Yes the other 3 doors are all working fine, nay ideas ?

thanks
Dave

Without further investigation errrrmm Nope! However, a quick question was the car ever in for repair in that particular area? Reason: Usually to the door is 1 main loom that separates off to it respected positions i.e central locking, window regulator, door light, now it sounds to me that they may have been disconnected or fell loose off the window switch, unlikely hence the question, but still a possibility. Try this, I believe that the door light either unscrews or "prises" off gently, do this and change the bulb and come back to me, this way we know if there is power getting to the loom for the window...Failing this it may be a door card off, for further investigation... Another thought.. Try swapping the window switch with the other door and tell me the result, also does the rear window work off the drivers door console or does it work off the door switch on its own.... Try these and let me know how you get on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Hi there,

Great I will gove that a try after the alchol has worn off ove r the new year, I see you based in Scotland where abouts im in Erskine back of the glasgow airport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheer and happy hogmonay

Dave

don't know a6's but is there a connection (plug) between door and body? if so this cud have a badd connection.