Audi A6 Quattro 2.7tdi Avant Bad MPG

jonnyswan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the mpg I am getting is correct. My A6 a 2007 2.7tdi Quattro, the Audi website say I should get 39.8 combined, 30.1 urban & 48.7 extra urban is this for the same engine my car has or has the engine changed ?

The best mpg I get which I must admit would come under urban i.e school runs is 26/27 mpg ? The car is an approved used 40,000 miles though I did note the last main service was carried out by a Halfords service centre though this was not noted until going through the history after the purchase.

If the mpg I am getting is correct then fine, though if not then obviosuly something needs looking at.

Any help will be much appreciated.

26 ish is ok for town, if you drive it hard, i used to get that easy around town, id get late 30s on a run, mine was a remapped 2,7. 57plate,

Thanks for the reply, we have only had the car for a week so I will keep an eye on the trip, my wife certainly doesnt drive it hard and the school run is an 10mile round trip of country lanes so I though low to mid 30s would be closer.

manufacturers results are impossible to obtain as they are done on a fixed rolling road over a computer controlled cycle where minimum acceleration is uses as usually they are plugged in to a pc and driven that way.