Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A6 Quattro 2.7tdi Avant Bad MPG

Can anyone tell me if the mpg I am getting is correct. My A6 a 2007 2.7tdi Quattro, the Audi website say I should get 39.8 combined, 30.1 urban & 48.7 extra urban is this for the same engine my car has or has the engine changed ?

The best mpg I get which I must admit would come under urban i.e school runs is 26/27 mpg ? The car is an approved used 40,000 miles though I did note the last main service was carried out by a Halfords service centre though this was not noted until going through the history after the purchase.

If the mpg I am getting is correct then fine, though if not then obviosuly something needs looking at.

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    26 ish is ok for town, if you drive it hard, i used to get that easy around town, id get late 30s on a run, mine was a remapped 2,7. 57plate,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply, we have only had the car for a week so I will keep an eye on the trip, my wife certainly doesnt drive it hard and the school run is an 10mile round trip of country lanes so I though low to mid 30s would be closer.

2nd Gear

Status
    manufacturers results are impossible to obtain as they are done on a fixed rolling road over a computer controlled cycle where minimum acceleration is uses as usually they are plugged in to a pc and driven that way.