ABS & Traction Control Lights are on :-(

Dell1982

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Audi A6 4.2 Quattro auto 1999 and the ABS & Traction control light keeps coming on after a minute of driving.

Once the engine is turned off it resets and turns itself off then comes back on the next time round. Has the Diagnositics on it and its an ABS sensor fault. But they all look ok.

I've heard the rear brake light switch can make this happen, or the abs/tc unit needs to be cleaned.

So just want to know if i'm barking up the right tree or not. If so, how do you clean that unit and where is the brake light switch located to?

If i'm wrong then slap me and let know how :)

Cheers Paul

This happened to me too - exactly the same. If you do a search on the forum you'll find my original post. Transpired it was indeed the brake pedal switch, which was a doddle to fix.

Hopefully yours is much the same!

Cheers,
A

i had a simala rproblem with my s6 the abs and traction control lights were coming on only when i put my foot down it turned out to be a faulty maff sensor it cost me £150 to replace do not replace with cheap maff sensor has to be audi part or wont work help this helps

it sounds like the same thing is going on with my 2002 Audi Allroad whenever you're going down the highway the traction control light, ABS light and ride heights light come on all at the same time, if you try to hit the gas going over 70mph
and all the lights come on it acts like it is applying the brakes on its own, I have started a topic on this and put up the fault codes and everything I'm just trying to find somebody who can help me

i had a simala rproblem with my s6 the abs and traction control lights were coming on only when i put my foot down it turned out to be a faulty maff sensor it cost me �150 to replace do not replace with cheap maff sensor has to be audi part or wont work help this helps

is it the mass airflow sensor that you are talking about in this quote