Allroad V6 TDI serpentine belt routing

trumpetboy11

Reaction score
Hello, looking for some help with my Allroad (again!!). Does anybody know where I can find a belt routing diagram for the drive (not timing belts)?? It snapped on Tuesday on the motorway, and I now have new belt and the front of the car off with access to all the pulleys and tensioners, but am really struggling to work out how to route the belt, seeing as I haven't got the old one to work from!! Any ideas appreciated. Julian

362D918.gif

Thanks. I have seen this diagram already, but it dosen't seem to tally with what I have on the car!! Between the crank pulley and the power steering pulley there is a tensioner (bottom left of this diagram I think?). I'm worried I've been sold the wrong belt - a 6PK2400, as I'm not sure that was the length of the old belt that came off. I discovered this afternoon that the cause of failure was the bolt holding the tensioner to the block shearing off, causing the belt to snap. I've manged to remove the broken stud and refix the tensioner, now just struggling with the belt routing. This car has and additional belt driving the air conditioning compressor too! Any suggestions as to whether I have the correct belt appreciated!

belt is right mate, the diagram is for a petrol v6 engine... I have drawn a diagram and took a picture with me mobile phone but i cannot find the cable to upload the picture ! Poxy data cable, its not a old shape usb ! As soon as i get the cable i will upload-it...

Post the engine type and I'll try to get the routing from elsawin