A6 2.7 TDI - Decat?

GuyH

Reaction score
Hi everybody. My first post. Hopefully I can learn a few things from the knowledgeable people on here.

The old man is looking at getting his A6 2.7 TDI remapped. Car is an 05 or 06. He wants to give it a new lease of life. I also suggested a decat at the same time but I don't know anything about the V6 TDI in his car. Does a De-Cat option exist for this engine? If so what parts are required? Best suppliers? Potential gains and improved drive-ability?

Thanks

Guy

milltek do catbacks but no downpipes atm, milltek are usually a good guide of what is possible - prob worth giving them a ring

I will do Fraser. Thanks. If anybody else knows of a different system please let me know.

thanks

Can you find "race" cats? I also read that 2001+ car's cats flow just as well, so you may just need to get a good program to run on the ecu and a 3 inch turboback exhaust on the car to help it breathe. You could just buy some 3 inch stainless piping and have a shop fab you up an exhaust. I was looking at costs of exhausts for my own car and I ended up buying pipe, two vibrant performance resonators and two vibrant preformance silencers and two black exhaust tips and had a shop fabricate an exhaust for me for a fraction of the cost of anything sold on the market and it flows just fine.