new s6 advant owner!

richard davis

Reaction score
hi all brought a s6 advant this weekend i have a problem with the abs esp when driving under nomal acceleration all is ok
but when i put my foot down and it drops down a gear the esp and abs lights come on then go off after a few seconds or when i press the brake pedal they go off done a search and find lots of things like acceleration sensor,dirty abs sensor wheels not aligned brake pedal etc
also car has been stood for some time thanks in advance for any replies

Sorry, I can't help you with your problem. But just so you know, its Avant, not Advant :) There would be some people fuming if they see Advant

Hi there. I can't help either but just wondered where you brought it from? Did you bring it all the way from Scotland, Wales...???

Hiya Richard. I also became the owner of an S6 Avant a couple of days ago. First impressions? I love mine.

thanks for replies sorry about miss spelling avant i brought it from diss high millage but full fash i like it alot not as quick has my other car but sounds alot nicer lol

I had the same problem with my A6 4.2, (roughly the same engine). I also noticed that the car will lacking in power, turned out to be the MAF sensor, (had to be a genuine audi part - after market part didnt work).

I think was was happening with my car is that the car was giving low power unless you nailed the accelerator, at that point the car changed down gear and there was a surge of full power - followed by the abs and esp light comming on for just a second. You could make the car do that if you were just driving on the motorway say about 70 and then floor it.

After a new MAF car was smooth again though out the rev range.