Just bought a 2002 Audi Allroad.

reggieroo

Reaction score
Website
www.theirishshop.co.uk
Well we finally decided what car to buy & it was the Audi Allroad.

We got a 2002 tiptronic with 130k & FSH & paid £4850 for it. It also has just had a 12 month MOT done Friday & 5 months tax left, also the chap fitted four new tyres & gave me a new set of brake pads & a few other extras like the boot liner. Drove it back last night & it was a nice drive.

Looking round the car, it's pretty mint for a 8 year old car & inside is perfect, everything works as it should inc the air suspension, air con etc.

Overall I'm pleased with the new purchase, just need to see how the misses gets on with the auto box.

If that all goes well, it be getting a remap & some window tints soon. Then some new wheels next spring/summer, I'll keep the old ones on for winter especially since they have new tyres.

Make shure the remap keeps the torque well within the factory limits as the v6 lump can go easily to 500Nm+ wich will put a lot of strain on the box ! Enjoy...

i love the allroad, bought one in May myself. got some mechanical problems at present but hopefully fixed soon.

the styling is great to me plus practicality. if I am honest I would have preferred a manual but mine was the right spec, miles and had full recaros like in the RS6

I have similar plans as you, money and time permitting! the wheels is an interesting one as the standard offset is very low compared to all the lastest and other audis

i love the allroad, bought one in May myself. got some mechanical problems at present but hopefully fixed soon.

the styling is great to me plus practicality. if I am honest I would have preferred a manual but mine was the right spec, miles and had full recaros like in the RS6

I have similar plans as you, money and time permitting! the wheels is an interesting one as the standard offset is very low compared to all the lastest and other audis

I wasn't a fan of the allroad to begin with but it has grown on me & I like it now. It was the misses that liked it over an A6 avant that I wanted, so we got it has a compromise. They also come pretty loaded & have the 180bhp in the 2.5TDI which I found hard to find in an avant.

I must say I do like the air suspension & think it will come in handy as we get flooded roads in Winter & can only get out of the village by 4x4 if you don't want to risk hydro locking your engine so the extra height will have an advantage at some point. Seen a couple of cars last year stranded in flood water & I had to go out & rescue the misses in my Range Rover classic & pick her car up the next day when the water went down.

Getting it tinted on Friday so looking forward to that, they feel more comfortable & private with the windows tinted. Wheels, yes you are right they do seem to have a different offset. Now wondering if our 19" RS4 reps fitted to our A4 will fit ok? Also the plastic bumpers will work for us as we have a GSD dog who likes jumping in the back but doesn't care about paint on your bumpers :sadlike: & if the misses hits something they should be fine........lol

She took it for a test drive last night as she has never driven an auto, she didn't like it but drove it fine, probably should have gone for a manual but I prefer the lazy drive of an auto. She also thinks it too big for her to drive but she always says that about every new car we get....then a year later she likes it. :yes:

I've thought about 20s myself as I also have a set of 255/35/20 on a set of BMW rims I have. That's the size to use from what I have read, I looked on that allroad faq website last week. I have seen some 20" tyres on a website called camskill, check out these hankooks for £118 each HANKOOK TYRES / CAR / HANKOOK K110 V12 EVO HANKOOK K 110 V12 EVO - 255/35R20 97Y XL TL :: £118.42 :: Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 20"+ :: R20" - 255/35/20, 255/35 R 20 :: I have used camskill before & seem to be the cheapest on the net, free delivery too.

I've heard all about the 402 mod but it also lowers all the suspension settings, not just the lowest one unfortunately. Ok if you will never need the height of the offroad settings but we might.