Help On A6 Parking Sensors Please

simonpr2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new owner of a C5 A6 Estate (1.9 tdi se multitronic 11/2003). I have an issue with park distance and could really use some advice please. I have studied the forums before posting and understood that if a sensor is clicking then its ok, all 8 of mine are doing this, but when stationary or at slow speed just get continuous tone from park distance it goes once at speed and is disengaged etc. But just not working. My question is if they are all ticking can they still be faulty? If not the sensor then could it be a control unit? sounds expensive ?

My rear ones are in black strip at bottom of bumper not in the bumper itself so wondered if more accessible if rears are faulty.

Anyway not sure what to do next, I know not major, but is really irritating, any help much appreciated.

thank you

have u tried cleaning the gaps out with a toothbrush or toothpick as read somewhere that this can cause them to falsly read

I used a toothpick and it worked !?! didnt seem to get much gunk out but now working ok, so many thanks for suggestion, hoping it as saved me a few bucks, fingers crossed....