Help wipers stoped working

a6george

Reaction score
my wipers have stoped working and are in the up position, fuse is fine since washers still work and its the same fuse, does anyone know of a common problem with these or is it a case of getting stuck in to find prob, 1999 A6 4.2 quattro

went digging, wiper motor has gave up, got it to move without wipers noisy and slow, put wipers on just moved a few inches and stopped so need another, anyone know where theres one.

Have a search on here as it's a common fault. The drivers linkage seize's up and wont move with brut force. Take the wipers off, the scuttle panel off and strip it down, use copper grease to lube it all up, then back together.

Did mine last year, think there's a circlip involved and will be easier on a bench with a vice, but still pretty easy to do.

well it was drivers side seized, removed cleaned up copper slip and refited, works a treat now. could not work out how to remove complete unit so striped down and rebuild whist still on car, Ive now got quite a bit bark missing from my fingers lol