Chris NottJMB Retrofits

Thread: LED DRL's

1st Gear

Status

LED DRL's

Hey guys,
    seriously considering doing the mod of adding LED DRL's to the front bumper of my A6.
    Here's a link to the type I'm considering link
    If you look at the White Audi bottom left just above the golf, that sort of positioning but hopefully, look more like the BM bottom right pic.

I have a sparky that would do the job for me and with my headlight upgrade ( bulbs ) for the dipped, mainbeams, fogs and sidelights I think they'll look really good.

Anyone have any comments, or has anyone got any advice or pics of any completed mods? Much appreciated.....

Obviously if I go ahead with the mod I'll do a write up for the forum

Well, DRL LED's ordered today and should arrive in a few days time. Once th car comes back from the paintshop and has been resprayed and polished I should be able to move on with the rest of the work such as getting these fitted.......I'll post it up of course

Thanks
    MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys

MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE
    176bhp Stratos Blue, badged as 3.0 Tdi Quattro.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,Sline grille badge added, 19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's,First Aid Kit,Bootliner,Mudflaps front & rear,Calipers & hubs painted

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Well guys, got the DRL's fitted today
    These are the ones I fitted link
    Really reasonable at the price I thought and they seem exactly the same as the ones on the Autobulbs website as far as I could see.

Anyhow, I started by removing the fog light housings and offering them up into position. They even followed the curvature of the housing PERFECTLY
    I marked the hole positions and drilled the holes to suit.
    Note; on the drivers side I had to cut away a hole for the light to fit into. I didn't have this hassle on the passenger side as thats where the intercooler is, so only a pain on the drivers side
    It all went well and I got them all bolted up into position and they looked pretty cool I thought...took around an hour and a half I'd say.
    Then off to my friendly sparky....He took around 2 hours to complete the wiring and eired them into an ignition feed which means they're on always.
    Anyway, I think they look pretty stock from a distance and good even pretty close up....Its only on closer inspection you can see they are aftermarket I'd say, but obviously I'm biased
    Cost of lights 45 approx, cost of sparky 30....total cost 75

Please judge for yourself in the following pic fest.....I tried to take from as many different angles, close up and at a distance to give you an idea of how they look. Hope you like....

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 134KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 138KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 156KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 126KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 130KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 129KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 111KB.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 149KB.

Jim
    MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys

MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE
    176bhp Stratos Blue, badged as 3.0 Tdi Quattro.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,Sline grille badge added, 19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's,First Aid Kit,Bootliner,Mudflaps front & rear,Calipers & hubs painted

Reverse Gear

Status
    looks very nice