Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

2.0 TDI 140 coolant usage

have a 2005 2.0 TDI a6 with 125K on the clock and it uses a lot of coolant has to be toped up every couple of days went from Birmingham to Bedford and needed to top up twice because light came on there are no visible leaks the oil is clean and water are clean the oil cooler was changed about 1000 miles ago this has not fixed the problem this was advised by Audi that it need it changing anyone know why the coolant usage is so high EGR valve and cooler were done at 80K head and head gasket were done at 87K

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    start car with run for few seconds stop then take off rad cap. if pressure head gasket may not be sealing.... also run it with cap off to see if it quickly pushes water out as could be blowing out the overflow

Neutral

Status
    i have tried this there seems to be no air lock but just went out and there seems to a bit of oil at the bottom of the water bootle think i might get a compresion test done is it possable that haed is craked aparently seems to be quite common

2nd Gear

Status
    is it oil or water cooled turbo?

Neutral

Status
    i think it might be oil cooled but not sure

Neutral

Status
    problem was a leaking headgasket

1st Gear

Status
    How much to get replaced? I fear that mine might need doing! Its just hit 118k.
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

1st Gear

Status

Ooops, had the same problem many many times and recorded this with Audi. I filled myself many time but always bought the coolant from the dealer as a way of recording this. Eventually, I stopped this practice and just took it to them every time as it was still under warranty.
    I ended up having the cylinder head replaced TWICE.......The cracked cylinder head issue was suspected.....no issues since!
    MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys

MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE
    176bhp Stratos Blue, badged as 3.0 Tdi Quattro.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,Sline grille badge added, 19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's,First Aid Kit,Bootliner,Mudflaps front & rear,Calipers & hubs painted

Neutral

Status
    about 500