key's not working

stuart scott

Reaction score
I'am supposed to pick up my new a5 2.0 tfsi quattro special edition tomorrow, but they have just phoned me to say both the key's stopped working. I asked how they got the car to the workshop ,they said they were working fine but when they went to get it ready for me they had both broken somehow, so they are having to order key's from Germany and I can't get the car until Friday. Does anyone else smell a rat how can both key's fail at the same time. Has anybody heard of this before or should I go down for a look tomorrow (80 mile round trip).

Defo a rat, it sounds like someone maybe took it for a spin and scuffed it! Go down there and have a look over the car to make sure they're not touching anything up, especially if you have paid a deposit. The keys won't even fail if the battery is disconnected from the engine so there is no reason why BOTH would go at the same time

Went to check the car out and it was'nt there, they say it is at their PDI centre, the manager went on to say only one key is faulty he thinks, he did'nt really know, so will have to wait till Friday to find out.

Hmmm, the manager doesn't know whats going on and now only one key is faulty?