EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: Sat Nav Info

Reverse Gear

Status

Sat Nav Info

Hi All

Just got my new S5 ...... sexy as hell.

The Sat Nav (fitted) works well, however, on approach to a roundabout it will pre-warn for ,''take the second exit, straight on, continue on the A1''. Brilliant I thought........ untill I arrived at the roundabout and the Sat Nav then commands ''Turn left now'' ........ which is not so good as this is the first exit !!

Not a huge problem but an annoying one.

Does anyone else get this ?

Can I fix it ?

Audi, apparently, know and acknowledge that the issue is there !

Help !!

Many thanks Mark
    Last edited by voorhees; 5th June 2009 at 15:08.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    My 3G nav system does that, quite annoying. But if I remember correctly the old 2G MMI Nav system did it until they updated the maps. So you may just have to wait a while.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig View Post
    My 3G nav system does that, quite annoying. But if I remember correctly the old 2G MMI Nav system did it until they updated the maps. So you may just have to wait a while.

Thanks for that ........ updated maps eh!

Im awaiting a good answer from Audi themselves , which I shall post here too. It will be interesting if they admit to outdated mapping, bearing in mind they charge 2k for the Sat Nav system !!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladesmark View Post
    Thanks for that ........ updated maps eh!

Im awaiting a good answer from Audi themselves , which I shall post here too. It will be interesting if they admit to outdated mapping, bearing in mind they charge 2k for the Sat Nav system !!!

Got the car back .... Its still brilliant ..... Audi (Germany) admit that there is an issue which does not affect all of its cars, they are working on a fix for the problem apparently !

5th Gear

Status
    I found the same thing; the on roundabout view is so confusing its useless. My old RNS-E display was so much better ..
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)