Chris NottSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

A5: 2.0 TDI (170) now available to order.

Spotted this in the November 2008 A5 brochure, available for download via
    http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ne...fications.html
    A5 2.0 TDI: Ł28,485
    A5 2.0 TDI Sport: Ł29,435
    A5 2.0 TDI S line: Ł30,735
    Available in quattro as well.

CO2 emissions 140, 0-60 in 8.3 & 53.3mpg.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Being a "small" lump in rather a large body, err, will the 2.0TDi actually have enough grunt to pull the skin off a rice pudding ?

I would love the 3.0TDi Quattro version.....fantastic motor, good economy and you can get a pretty well fully loaded low mileage 2007 3.0TDi Quattro version for the price of a new 2.0 TDi A5.....
    Makes sense to me in these "credit crunch" times
    A4 2.5 Tdi Avant Quattro Sport : 180HP 6 speed, Mauritius Blue, full black leather heated electric front seats, auto lights, Xenons, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated folding door mirrors, cruise control, Bose, full DIS, MFSW, 18" RS6 reps, rear parking sensors, colour coded lower, rear door window blinds, interior & ambient lighting kit, under seat storage, front armrest as standard. RS4 ARB, RNS-e sat nav, Cd Changer, OEM bluetooth fitted by me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi All

I am a newbie

I have ordered an A5 2.0tdi sport . I was told LED running daylights are not fitted to this model but halogen daylights are ......is this true as I am getting different info from various sources.

also I ordered it on 22 Jan, do I benefit from this free equipment thing thats happening due to the price increases in february?

something to do with free cruise and phone prep low

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC View Post
    Being a "small" lump in rather a large body, err, will the 2.0TDi actually have enough grunt to pull the skin off a rice pudding ?

I would love the 3.0TDi Quattro version.....fantastic motor, good economy and you can get a pretty well fully loaded low mileage 2007 3.0TDi Quattro version for the price of a new 2.0 TDi A5.....
    Makes sense to me in these "credit crunch" times
    Haven't checked the brochures but I wouldn't expect the A5 to be much different from the A4 in the weight department. I test drove a new A4 170Q last week and found the performance to be pretty good. However with the extra weight etc of the Q system the performance wasn't much different from the 2.0TDi 143 I drove immediately before it. The dealer did mention that they don't sell many 170 FWD cars though. I guess it's just too much torque for the FWD setup.

EDIT: A5 2.0TDI Quattro is 20kg lighter than an A4 saloon and 60kg lighter than the A4 Avant I drove.
    Last edited by Macduff; 1st February 2009 at 17:39.