Squeaky windows and traffic alert question?

marshadee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions I need some information on. Firstly, when I open my windows they squeak horribly and wanted to know what the best way to stop this is? What I’ve noticed is when it’s hot outside they tend to squeak more than when it’s cold. However they do squeak pretty much every time I open then.

Secondly, how do I turn of the traffic report so it doesn’t interrupt the radio when playing music? I did have a look in the info part of the MMI system but can’t seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance

thanks Statler, you have been very helpful today ;-) I will buy some of this spray and see how it goes. I think its the rubbers that are causing it, maybe they just need some lube.....

Dont suppose you know where this button is? or where within the radio settings because when I was looking yesterday I couldnt find it!

Thanks,

I used the WD on my garage roller doors, it dries in and stays slippy, no squeaks. Maybe spray on a cloth and wipe it on the rubbers first before getting more liberal.

I don't actually have my Audi yet, give it a few weeks and I may be able to answer that... On the Corsa there's a big TP button to kill the announcements.

EDIT: Google is good... Try this

Traffic updates doing my head in - A5_OC

:hi:

Last edited:
I got the squeaky window problem too on the front windows.

I took the car in for service and mentioned the windows... Let's see if they manage to fix them (this is the second time I take it in and mention the windows)