AdamZA's S5 Sportback Waiting Thread! UPDATE. 40 HOURS TO COLLECTION. 8/8/2014 ...

Sorry somehow didn't get notified for the other replies! Will check out the video and song soon!

if you "needed" any SEPANG convincing, then this video shows the colour in jaw dropping form IMO.

it also gives a great impression of how the front of your car will look with the chrome grille ($hit hot if you ask me).

Stunning just stunning .....

2015 Audi S3 Sedan Detailed Walk Around Review (1080p FULL HD) - YouTube

My god that's the perfect colour... Can't wait! The chrome does finish it off really well too! So glad I didn't go for the black edition!

Saw a red 14 plate A4 yesterday with the same alloys as to be on my car, but 17" version. I need to find a picture of the 20" as these really don't look as good as my current alloys! Pics below...

IMG 2717

IMG 2718

Don't know what to search for to find an image of the 20" version - can anyone help please?

My god that's the perfect colour... Can't wait! The chrome does finish it off really well too! So glad I didn't go for the black edition!

Saw a red 14 plate A4 yesterday with the same alloys as to be on my car, but 17" version. I need to find a picture of the 20" as these really don't look as good as my current alloys! Pics below...

View attachment 35038

View attachment 35039

Don't know what to search for to find an image of the 20" version - can anyone help please?

ha ha ... thought you would appreciate that SEPANG video in all its glory :)

That 17" alloy will bear virtually no resemblance to your 20" S5 pups mate - If I remember rightly - from the MY15 changes spec sheet posted a few weeks ago - the image of the 20" s5 rims looked liked an "amped up" version of the old style 19" rims.

That was something I toyed over on the spec as I REALLY liked the regular 19" rims and they were exclusive to the S5 rather than the black edition rims which are generic across the entire audi range now.

The 20" rims I did not go for as they were the same (rs4) design as I had on my 3.2 TT albeit they were 19".

I would have NO hesitation going for the 20" rims at all - highly confident they will look $hit hot :icon_thumright:

Reactions: AdamZA and warren_S5

Try the configurator, apologies on the colour but Sepang isn't available yet. Are these the ones?

S5 Sportback, Utopia blue, but you get the gist.. In Sepang that will look stunning

Utopia20

Reactions: AdamZA and Snake Pliskin
Try the configurator, apologies on the colour but Sepang isn't available yet. Are these the ones?

S5 Sportback, Utopia blue, but you get the gist.. In Sepang that will look stunning

View attachment 35049

oooooooh they look like the bad boy 20" ers ...... look great :yum:

Reactions: AdamZA

View attachment 35049

Thanks for checking that up for me! They do look decent - guess the question is whether they will be nicer or not than my current wheels. At least they will be less common!

Did a little bit of digging and found out they are an option on the S7 - here's a pic (or three!)

Alloy wheels

Audi S7 Sportback 2013 03

Audi s7 wheels 4

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Snake Pliskin
Sandra, nice to see some local talent featuring :)

Snow patrol are awesome, i have seen them live 4 times. Glad you like them :) x

Reactions: Statler and AdamZA
Thanks for checking that up for me! They do look decent - guess the question is whether they will be nicer or not than my current wheels. At least they will be less common!

Did a little bit of digging and found out they are an option on the S7 - here's a pic (or three!)

View attachment 35077

View attachment 35078

View attachment 35079

I really like the look of those alloys - they will look fantastic against your sepang paint and will match-in brilliantly with the chrome bits as we discussed.

I would have NO reservations about those pups at all !

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and AdamZA
Adam, I think the one's you've found aren't quite the same - they are similar but the 'new' 20's are coded PQQ whereas the ones on the A/S7 is coded PRJ.

The ones you've found look like the old standard 18's on the S5 non-BE models. Could be wrong so happy to be corrected if that's the case. ;)

Couple more pictures here mate similar to how the overall look of your car will be re colour / chrome.
These are S7 shots but the overall effect will be similar IMO :cool: ....

Adam, I think the one's you've found aren't quite the same - they are similar but the 'new' 20's are coded PQQ whereas the ones on the A/S7 is coded PRJ.

The ones you've found look like the old standard 18's on the S5 non-BE models. Could be wrong so happy to be corrected if that's the case. ;)

Hmm, are the options the same though for all models? I could swear the old 20" wheels on the S5 that I have were PQQ as well!

Couple more pictures here mate similar to how the overall look of your car will be re colour / chrome.
These are S7 shots but the overall effect will be similar IMO :cool: ....

Ooof that looks amazing... Sepang will only look better in person. Can't wait to see it. That photo of KemiksiZ car in his thread looked stunning:

IMG 20140510 212333

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
My mistake - old 20" alloys were PQF. Though I still wonder if the codes are different across model ranges. Maybe because they would come with different tyre sizes as well?

Hmm, are the options the same though for all models? I could swear the old 20" wheels on the S5 that I have were PQQ as well!

Ooof that looks amazing... Sepang will only look better in person. Can't wait to see it. That photo of KemiksiZ car in his thread looked stunning:

View attachment 35099

Adam here the code for the S5 20" wheels you and i have .PQF 20” x 9J ‘7-arm double-spoke’ design alloy wheels with 265/30 R20 tyres*

Interesting - the brochure says the 20" wheels are 'high gloss'... Wonder if this means they will be diamond cut? Any ideas guys?

Screen Shot 2014 06 13 at 183404

There is a Sepang Blue S5 coupe listed for sale here.

Gives some nice pics of what Sepang Blue looks like on the S5

Thanks mate. I saw the link in your thread. Also have a look in the previous pages of this thread - there are a few in a photobucket link and a black edition a bit earlier on.

Sandra I need to catch up with these tunes as I haven't had a chance yet but keep them coming

Dropping the boys off to school this morning what drives in but a Sepang Blue S5 coupe.. In the morning sun it looked stunning.

A wise choice of colour my friends!

A couple of random songs in there, Sandra! Lol @ the fish song!

Good to hear brimful of asha after so long!

Statler couldn't you take a pic?

Reactions: Sandra
Dropping the boys off to school this morning what drives in but a Sepang Blue S5 coupe.. In the morning sun it looked stunning.

A wise choice of colour my friends!

Was it a brand new one - or an older one with exclusive paint ?

I like random songs from time to time. :) x

Or could it possibly have been an RS5...? or even Estoril?

Questions, questions, lol, I literally drove past it. It was a choice of rubberneck the Audi or gain a neck brace from hitting the bus... Haven't seen it before, think it had a 63 reg but I'll be more vigilant in the morning...
The blue was lighter than Estoril, more like the RS7 above, but those pic don't do the colour justice...

I think the solution to all our questions and problems is for Audi to build my car now and let me collect it tomorrow. I think this is a reasonable compromise, no?

Reactions: Shrek5 and Sandra
It's a plan...

Audi... don't worry about the prospective A5 owners, we're happy to wait at least another 9 weeks.... ;-)

Reactions: Sandra