debating a5 3.0tdi

ramp1990

Reaction score
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport 2dr
anyones old a5?
thoughts on spec price milage
do these have timing chain/belt need doing?
is that rear spoiler standard or added looks bit silly in black,
any help would be great cheers dave

These have a timing chain with no interval, spoiler isn't OEM and agree it looks silly along with the mirrors.

would that be stuck on. ill have to email the dealer. and the mirrors and the badges on the front grill.

Yes it looks a tad tacky with mirrors & boot spoiler, I'd be cautious who had that before tbh.

I wouldn't buy that one... Seen much nicer with similar miles and better spec. There was a sprint blue 3.0 tdi with black Bentley style leather and B.E rims for sale at aitp for £14,500 enthusiast owned and shark stage 1 remapped , low mileage iirc.

Sean

Yer ive been put of this a5 because the price, spoiler, badges on the front grill,,,would also like a dark blue would be nice. Might wait couple months and get something lower mileage and bit newer. Is there any just have extras on the a5.

Funnily enough I've been looking at 3.0 Tdi's as well mate, this one is Southport looks fairly priced for the age and specification:

Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport 2dr

My budget can only stretch to a high mileage example.. do they tend to take high mileage well?

Not too bad with high mileage, but there are a few thing to look out for. Check for clutch judder, vibrations through the steering wheel, flaps in the inlet manifold, DPF and EGR issues.

Whats the clutch judder from? Sign of a dying flywheel?

Is there any signs and symptoms flats or egr valve going? And are they expensive to replace?

Cheers

Whats the clutch judder from? Sign of a dying flywheel?

Is there any signs and symptoms flats or egr valve going? And are they expensive to replace?

Cheers

Just from what I've read clutch judder is failing clutch on manuals (high torque engine wears them).

Flaps in inlet manifold cause rough idle, as does EGR from memory (and dash light). DPFs do fail if not regen'd properly but not a major issue.

well ones just been delivered to a local garage not the right colour or spec so just going for a test drive and theyll find me another one :)
Ill have to send him a list of specs ill want millage etc etc so far i got drl, ami, mmi, mfsw, heated seats satnav, blue, black (maybe white if gf allows) y design alloys,, B&O, full service history. anything else i missed?

Sports rear differential is great (part of Audi Drive Select)

So a remapped manuals clutch will struggle, IIRC it's a 228 mm twin plate ?

What's the best gearbox for 3.0 tdi, manual, auto, s-tronic (paddles I think ) ?

S-Tronic. Manuals carry such a heavy torque load (esp. If mapped), the
ST unit will be more forgiving.

For those especially with a manual, is there any organic updated clutches available yet ?