• 1 Post By A5sprint
  • 1 Post By A5sprint
  • 1 Post By A5sprint

Thread: Traded my A5 for an S5

Neutral

Status

Traded my A5 for an S5

Well, I've done it.

After several months of deliberation I've finally taken the plunge and traded my 2010 A5 2.0TDI S-Line Special Edition for a 2008 S5 4.2 V8 in Ibis White with 20" Alloys, Red Leather, Carbon Trim, MMI2G with Nav, DAB, B&O and a Milltek Cat Back Exhaust.

The V8 makes a glorious sound but I may look at getting a standard exhaust instead of the Milltek as I find it makes a very deep, bassy drone between 1500 and 2000 rpm, but what a sound when you open it up
    warren_S5 likes this.
    2008 S5 Coupe in Ibis White with 20" 7 twin-spoke Speedline Alloys, Red Leather, Sat Nav, B&O Sound, Red Ambient Lighting.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    That must feel like a hell of a step up! I'm really unsure as to what to do exhaust wise. Mine won't be the V8, but I want an exhaust that sounds fruity at wide open throttle but 'comfortable' the rest of the time.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    That V8 sound is really addictive and I've since found out my Milltek is the non-resonated version hence loud so I am having the resonated mid-section fitted next Saturday so should be meatier than standard but not so boomy as now.
    I obviously knew my fuel consumption would take a hit but it does come hard getting only 250ish miles to a tank instead of 550 - good job I don't normally do more than 500 a month
    warren_S5 likes this.
    2008 S5 Coupe in Ibis White with 20" 7 twin-spoke Speedline Alloys, Red Leather, Sat Nav, B&O Sound, Red Ambient Lighting.

Status
    Good to hear you can cope with the step change in fuel economy; it's a hell of a price to pay for a great engine. I really wanted the V8 for the noise, but in the end I went soft and went for the V6T.

Hope you have a fantastic time with it; any modifications planned or just running it as it is?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Just as-is at the moment but you never know, I'll probably have a little tinker about in the not-to-distant future although it will only be minor things like uprated bulbs and a fiddle with VCDS etc.

I've liked V8s for more than 30 years of driving but never had the chance to afford to run one until now and with them slowly being phased out due to economy and emmissions, if I didn't get one now I never would.

I bet May seems a long time coming for your V6T S5, I've read lots of good things about it but I'm afraid its out of my price range, still there's always the future
    warren_S5 likes this.